Junior Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst – Kickstart Scheme
Applicants must be within the age group of 18-24 and in receipt of Universal Credit
Junior Quality Assurance (QA) Analyst
The Junior QA Analyst helps to increase the overall quality of the code changes that are being made (and released) to Paxport’s Core Products.
We currently operate manual testing on a variety of platforms, predominantly API’s and Websites.
Key Responsibilities are as follows:
- Working within an Agile Framework/Sprint, or from an organised List/Kanban board, performing QA on either new features, bug fixes, or regression testing, for Paxport’s core products and API
- Working with and analyzing XML
- Attending meetings (as required)
- Working closely with the Delivery Team, to gain a good understanding of what each development entails, to ensure that the products are delivered on time and to a high standard.
- Reporting of bugs to developers with succinct, accurate descriptions and steps to replicate.
- Creation and execution of manual Test plans for new features
- Actively contribute to the process of continual improvement; with regard to self, and your team
- Junior Level
Essential Competence needs
- A passion for technology and attention to detail
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Team player with excellent communication skills
Advantageous Skills & Experiences
- Knowledge of the Travel Industry
- Some understanding of software testing and what it means to work in an Agile environment
- Location: Bristol City Centre, but until the Covid-19 crisis ends, this Kickstart role will be a Work From Home arrangement
- Hours: This role is 26 hours per week for a 6-month duration
- Training: Full training will be given
A bit about us:
Paxport is a global brand, and since 1994, has been working with the travel industry to increase
sales and profitability through innovative products, service and thinking. Our headquarters are in
Stockholm, Sweden with a UK office situated in Bristol.
Paxport provides aggregation services to the travel industry both in the UK and overseas, bringing
together all aspects of the travellers requirements.
Paxport champions the adoption of the IATA New Distribution Capability standard and we foresee
a future where all content suppliers can benefit from the advantages that this will bring to airlines,
by adopting similar approaches across all content supplier types.
How to apply:
The roles are available for young people who are aged 18-24 claiming Universal Credit and eligible for Kickstart. All applications have to be made through the applicants work coach. Please advise your DWP Work Coach to refer you, and applications can then be emailed to email@example.com