Front End Web Developer
Paxport is a global brand, and since 1994, has been working with the travel industry to increase sales and profitability through innovative products, service and thinking. Our headquarters are in Stockholm, Sweden with a UK office situated in Bristol.
Paxport provides aggregation services to the travel industry both in the UK and overseas, bringing together all aspects of the travellers requirements.
Paxport champions the adoption of the IATA New Distribution Capability standard and we foresee a future where all content suppliers can benefit from the advantages that this will bring to airlines, by adopting similar approaches across all content supplier types.
Who are we looking for?
As a UI/UX Developer, working within a small team you will directly influence the evolution of our products. You will join us as we embark on an exciting New Project to design and create a ‘One Stop Portal’ that will eventually host many of our Core Products and Customer Servicing Tools. Over time the portal will become an essential part of our internal and external customers business.
As well as working on New Projects you will also be required to help support our Full Stack Developer to maintain our legacy products.
You must have:
- The ability to manage your own time, take ownership, and find solutions to problems with little support
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors (primarily SCSS)
- REST API
- Proven work experience as a Front-end Developer
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development & deployment) along with a strong understanding of web and programming principles, with a focus on writing secure, responsive, accessible and performance code
- Ability to understand and translate non-technical requirements and ask the right questions
- Understanding of what creates a great user experience and user interface
We would be delighted if you have:
- Familiarity with Agile development process principles (e.g. Scrum, Kanban) and Git workflows
- Apache Wicket and FreeMarker experience would be advantageous in dealing with some legacy code, but not essential as we are looking toward the use of new technologies
- Working with productivity tools like Jira, Confluence, and Slack
- Travel Industry knowledge/background is advantageous but not essential
You will work initially from home, but once the pandemic crisis is over, you will work flexibly with some days at home and some in our beautifully appointed, modern, waterfront offices in Bristol city centre
We have secure, under-cover bicycle racks and showers on site
We offer a fitness subsidy via your salary to support your health & fitness regime
You will work in a small, busy team where you can really be noticed and make a difference!
We are a very friendly team – we socialise regularly and we celebrate events (such as Christmas & Easter) together (even remotely!)
Pension plan, including company contributions
Free eye tests
33 days holiday (including UK bank holidays)
How to apply
Send your application via workable: https://apply.workable.com/paxport-group-uk-ltd/j/DA0C322FA6/apply/