We are looking for a talented front-end UI / UX developer to join our Delivery Team. The role is primarily to work within a small team as we embark on a new greenfield project to design and create a new web portal that will eventually host many of our core products and customer servicing tools. Over time, the portal will become an essential part of our internal and external customers business.
As well as working on new projects, you may also be required to help support our current Full-Stack Developer to maintain our legacy products. This is a great opportunity for the right person with real potential within a growing company.
- Familiarity with CSS preprocessors (primarily SCSS)
- REST API
- Proven work experience as a front-end developer
- Familiarity with browser testing and debugging
- In-depth understanding of the entire web development process (design, development and deployment)
- Strong understanding of web and programming principles; with a focus on writing secure, responsive, accessible and performant code
- Self-starter with ability to manage your own time, take ownership, and find solutions to problems with little support
- Ability to understand and translate non-technical requirements and ask the right questions ● Understanding of what creates a great user experience and user interface
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with Agile development process principles (e.g. Scrum, Kanban) and Git workflows
- Apache Wicket and FreeMarker experience would be advantageous in dealing with some legacy code, but not essential as we are looking toward the use of new technologies
How to apply
Send an email with your application to firstname.lastname@example.org