Java Developer – Web Scraping Team
You will need a good knowledge of web scraping/automation technologies. We expect our developers to make an impact; being a key person in a small team you will directly influence the evolution of our web scraping solutions.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Develop and innovate new web scraping solutions
- Maintain and fix current web scraping solutions/tools
- Develop a deep understanding of our data sources on the web and know exactly how & which data to scrape
- To work with the team to develop, document & implement our web scraping solutions
- To share your knowledge and mentor others from time to time
You will be challenged, supported and have the opportunity to learn a lot. You will work in a fast paced, autonomous environment with like minded people who are passionate about what they do. Your willingness to learn and your ability to suggest improvements will allow you to grow as Paxport does and become a key member of the team.
- Web scraping experience
- Headless browsers
- Commercial anti-bot technologies
- Modern Java experience
- API experience (JSON, GraphQL)
In addition, any experience you may have with the following is advantageous:
- Reverse engineering skills advantageous
- Travel Industry knowledge/background is advantageous but not essential
- Cloud technologies (we use Google Cloud Platform)
- Spring boot & Spring batch
- CI/CD (Jenkins, Gitlab)
Paxport is a global brand, and since 1994, has been working with the travel industry to increase sales and profitability through innovative products, service and thinking. Our headquarters are in Stockholm, Sweden with a UK office situated in Bristol.
Paxport provides aggregation services to the travel industry both in the UK and overseas, bringing together all aspects of the travellers requirements.
Paxport champions the adoption of the IATA New Distribution Capability standard and we foresee a future where all content suppliers can benefit from the advantages that this will bring to airlines, by adopting similar approaches across all content supplier types.
You will work initially from home, but once the pandemic crisis is over, you will work flexibly with some days at home and some in our beautifully appointed, modern, waterfront offices in Bristol city centre
We have secure, under-cover bicycle racks and showers on site
We offer a fitness subsidy via your salary to support your health & fitness regime
You will work in a small, busy team where you can really be noticed and make a difference!
We are a very friendly team – we socialise regularly and we celebrate events (such as Christmas & Easter) together (even remotely!)
Pension plan, including company contributions
Free eye tests
33 days holiday (including UK bank holidays)
How to apply
Send your Cover letter and CV to stephanie.mcbride-coogan@