Junior IT Assistant – Kickstart Scheme
Applicants must be within the age group of 18-24 and in receipt of Universal Credit
TRAINEE JUNIOR IT ASSISTANT
Working within the IT Operations department based in Bristol , we are looking for a Junior IT Assistant to take on and look after the day-to-day operations of our office IT systems.
The successful candidate would be responsible for maintaining users workstations, office servers and maintenance of internet services using cloud based and traditional admin tools.
This is an excellent opportunity for an individual who is already familiar with Windows, and Linux server/workstation administration, but wants to take on more training & responsibility and wants to develop their cloud engineering understanding and DevOps skill set.
Responsibilities of role:
- Maintain and monitor all IT systems
- Respond to infrastructure and service issues in a timely manner
- Ensure systems are backed up and data is consistent
- Deal with day-to-day internal IT support issues
- Provide IT support services to users across 2 sites
- Deliver user based training to non-technical staff
- Ensure relevant documentation is up to date
- Maintain good knowledge of current IT trends in relevant technologies
- Participate in weekly on-call rota
- Junior Trainee
- Working knowledge of Windows Server family (Active Directory, WSUS, Group Policy)
- Some knowledge in Linux OS administration and associated systems (Ubuntu, RHEL, Centos)
- Troubleshooting and problem solving skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Desire to learn and implement new technologies
- Understanding/Experience in using config management systems (Ansible, Jenkins, GIT)
- Fundamentals of SSL VPN technologies
- Exposure and use of Google Cloud Platform products (Compute Engine, CloudSQL
- Scripting Knowledge in any of the following (Perl, NodeJS, Python, Bash)
- Location: Bristol City Centre, but until the Covid-19 crisis ends, this Kickstart role will be a Work From Home arrangement
- Hours: This role is 26 hours per week for a 6-month duration
- Training: Full training will be given
A bit about us:
Paxport is a global brand, and since 1994, has been working with the travel industry to increase
sales and profitability through innovative products, service and thinking. Our headquarters are in
Stockholm, Sweden with a UK office situated in Bristol.
Paxport provides aggregation services to the travel industry both in the UK and overseas, bringing
together all aspects of the travellers requirements.
Paxport champions the adoption of the IATA New Distribution Capability standard and we foresee
a future where all content suppliers can benefit from the advantages that this will bring to airlines,
by adopting similar approaches across all content supplier types.
How to apply:
The roles are available for young people who are aged 18-24 claiming Universal Credit and eligible for Kickstart. All applications have to be made through the applicants work coach. Please advise your DWP Work Coach to refer you, and applications can then be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org