Junior Java Developer
We expect our developers to make an impact; being a small team you will directly influence the evolution of our products. We’re heavily focused on aggregating APIs; both designing our own and integrating those offered by suppliers (airlines etc). We also love aggregating data; importing/exporting and all steps in between.
Responsibilities are as follows:
- Perform maintenance programming and correction of identified defects
- Perform development work including scheduled project work to the highest standards of code quality and to deadline
- Interpret written business requirements, functional and technical specification documents
- Interpret design specifications and other solutions artefacts
- Participate in the advancement of the codebase, toolset and processes
- Adhere to team technical standards
- Follow best practice and process
- Perform related duties as assigned
What we are looking for
As a junior developer we value your attitude over experience; are you keen to learn and progress? At a minimum you should have demonstrable experience writing Java in a business, academic, or open source environment; ideally in relation to HTTP APIs
We also look out for:
- A sense of ownership, you should care how your code choices affect our customers.
- A forward thinking approach, don’t just accept the status quo, how can we improve our products?
- Experience with Git
- Experience with CI/CD (e.g. GitLab, Jenkins, etc)
- Linux skills, are you comfortable in a shell?
Experience with our stack is a bonus.
Our stack includes
- Java 11
- Kubernetes / GKE
- Google Cloud Platform
- Spring Boot & Batch
- Postgres, Redis, BigQuery, and Firestor
Paxport is a global brand, and since 1994, has been working with the travel industry to increase sales and profitability through innovative products, service and thinking. Our headquarters are in Stockholm, Sweden with a UK office situated in Bristol.
Paxport provides aggregation services to the travel industry both in the UK and overseas, bringing together all aspects of the travellers requirements.
Paxport champions the adoption of the IATA New Distribution Capability standard and we foresee a future where all content suppliers can benefit from the advantages that this will bring to airlines, by adopting similar approaches across all content supplier types.
You will work initially from home, but once the pandemic crisis is over, you will work flexibly with some days at home and some in our beautifully appointed, modern, waterfront offices in Bristol city centre
We have secure, under-cover bicycle racks and showers on site
We offer a fitness subsidy via your salary to support your health & fitness regime
You will work in a small, busy team where you can really be noticed and make a difference!
We are a very friendly team – we socialise regularly and we celebrate events (such as Christmas & Easter) together (even remotely!)
Pension plan, including company contributions
Free eye tests
33 days holiday (including UK bank holidays)
How to apply
Send your Cover letter and CV to stephanie.mcbride-coogan@