Trainee Junior Technical Support Engineer – Kickstart Scheme
Applicants must be within the age group of 18-24 and in receipt of Universal Credit
Trainee Junior Technical Support Engineer
As a trainee junior technical support engineer, you will be working within our small but bustling
Customer Service team. You will train towards being responsible for providing 1st line technical
support, ensuring we provide a friendly, professional first point of contact for all service issues and
incidents. You will be responsible for ensuring all tickets are dealt with in accordance with agreed
procedures and standards, whilst ensuring the team deliver to a variety of SLA’s.
When trained your key role responsibilities will be:
● To provide the first point contact for all customers and manage all incoming incident /
support requests, to agreed levels of service.
● To triage all incoming tickets, ensuring correct priorities are set and tickets have sufficient
information in order to action.
● To perform daily routine support, including monitoring and reporting.
● To communicate with all customers and stakeholders in a regular and timely manner
ensuring they remain informed of progress.
● To proactively manage distribution and life cycle of tickets within the CS team.
● To raise tickets with 3rd party suppliers, regularly seeking updates and escalating where
● To provide basic technical evaluations, undertaking problem solving.
● To be an active member of our busy team, working hard to maintain service within SLA’s,
escalating where issues may fall outside.
Desirable skills and experience:
● A basic understanding of the principles of incident management, with some knowledge of
the IT Industry either through formal study or a personal interest in the subject.
● Excellent communication & teamwork skills.
● The ability to demonstrate you have a flexible and proactive approach to learning and work.
● Strong attention to detail and with the ability to problem solve.
● Desired, but not essential – Experience in working within a customer service environment,
ideally where you can demonstrate an ability to operate under pressure.
Who are we looking for?
● A quick learner, who will respond well to the challenge of working in a busy changing
● A team player; friendly, with good communication skills.
● A hands-on person with an eye for detail, who will be able to multitask under pressure.
● A proactive, professional individual, who can think on their feet and who won’t be afraid to
ask questions and take ownership of issues.
● An individual who will demonstrate a willingness to learn and go that extra mile.
- Location: Bristol City Centre, but until the Covid-19 crisis ends, this Kickstart role will be a Work From Home arrangement
- Hours: This role is 26 hours per week for a 6-month duration
- Training: Full training will be given
A bit about us:
Paxport is a global brand, and since 1994, has been working with the travel industry to increase
sales and profitability through innovative products, service and thinking. Our headquarters are in
Stockholm, Sweden with a UK office situated in Bristol.
Paxport provides aggregation services to the travel industry both in the UK and overseas, bringing
together all aspects of the travellers requirements.
Paxport champions the adoption of the IATA New Distribution Capability standard and we foresee
a future where all content suppliers can benefit from the advantages that this will bring to airlines,
by adopting similar approaches across all content supplier types.
How to apply:
The roles are available for young people who are aged 18-24 claiming Universal Credit and eligible for Kickstart. All applications have to be made through the applicants work coach. Please advise your DWP Work Coach to refer you, and applications can then be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org